Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lusts

I'm currently on a reallllly tight budget (read: I'm flat broke.) And there are a couple things that I would absolutely love to have and would make my life so much more easier.

1. A new monitor: My lap top is really small, like 14 inches. It's great for bringing it back and forth to class and it's really light and feels like a book inside my bag. It, however, makes working on my laptop a real pain in the ass. Physically, I love having a lot of space to work in. I have this really great, brand spanking new, studio table and I use that as my workspace. I keep all my supplies and tools on a small table next to it so I have the whole table clear just to work. It's beautiful. It makes working so much easier. I can't work when my space is too cluttered. I have the same mentality when I'm working on my laptop with for example, Photoshop or Illustrator. My workspace and my tools are all over eachother and it just feels so... crowded. I would LOVE love love LOVE another monitor to work on, one for my workspace and different documents to be open... and one for just my tools and palettes. Life would be great. I don't really need a really expensive, fancy schmancy one. Just one to give me more options.

Example: Hanns G 17 in Monitor from Newegg $140


2. Tripod - I've loved photography for a while now, but I've never really had a chance to develop my skill at all. My boyfriend actually just bought me a Canon Rebel XT last May and I'm taking a photo class now. And I'm really excited. I would really love getting into portraiture and I think a good tripod is worth investing in.

Example: Quantaray Tripod from Ritz camera $59.00








3. New lenses - Going along with the above, lets talk more about photo stuff. Right now on my Rebel, I have the stock 17-55 mm lens. I think the next lens I want to buy is the 55-250 mm.

Canon 55-250 Lens $270 @ Amazon










No comments: