Saturday, September 20, 2008

Licensed

So. At nineteen, I finally have my driver's license. Some people found it so strange that I didn't have my license. Most of these kids were from the suburbs and I guess they HAD to drive to get around. Living in this city, I never really need to drive, really. Everything is practically and arm's length's away and if I really need to drive somewhere... where the HELL do I find parking? Public transportation has been a good friend of mine.

I've had all the intentions of getting my license since... well since I was 16. But I mean I didn't do it in my junior year... and then senior year was REALLY busy and freshman year at college was.... a disastrous windstorm. So finally, FINALLY I can drive. I've always had apprehensions of me behind a wheel. I never felt as if I would be... good at driving and I tend to stay away from things I think I would suck at. And if I were to be a bad driver... practically 3,000 lbs of machine can run into a person or another car or some sort of structure. I never felt like I could trust myself with something so... powerful.

But now that my confidence in myself has blossomed ten fold, my worries now are about when my dad will get me drive the new Acura. Hehehe.

Anyway, went on South Street again today with my sister, R, K and his little brother. I walked straight back into the shoe section of Retrospect and found the black t-straps right where I left them last week $12! Yay! Can't wait to wear them! We stopped by Haagan-Dasz and Rita's but I think I'm coming down with a cold... and all I wanted was some hot chocolate. =(

The outfit above was a couple days ago. Ha I think I need a tripod or someone in the house willing to take a picture of me. Didn't get a chance to take a picture of my outfit today, but I wore a purple dress with brown tights and brown boots and I threw on my sweater from my highschool uniform since it was chilly this morning.



Here are some random pictures from a chinese food run with my sister. =D




Yours,

A

1 comment:

About me said...

The dress is by Giles Deacon and is at retail for $9,000. The mag says that its sold at Barneys, but something tells me you should try to special order it.