Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to school: Missing my uniform

Now that I'm back in the swing of things and actually talking to people again, I'm happy. I almost forgot about how much fun dinner & lunch dates were. It's only the third day and I'm waiting for the work to pile up (or wait to see it unfold very nicely into very small piles =D).

One thing that's been really irritating me lately is getting up in the morning and dressing for school. I like... taking as long as possible to get out of bed and I try to get every minute out of it. Even though on most days I don't have to get out of bed until about 10:30, I try to sleep as much as possible, leaving the time between waking up and actually leaving the house, relatively short. It was SO easy in high school just pulling on a uniform and running out of the door. Although it didn't lend it's hand to creativity, it sure as hell was easy.

Now in my sophomore year of college, I still have yet to really establish a sense of personal style. Last year I kind of just went along with jeans and a tshirt for my everyday wears, for the sake of ease. I got very bored, very quickly. Now I'm just trying to expand upon what I have... with basically no money. It's a very fun experience, experimenting with different things. I still feel like I haven't really captured myself in my clothing.

Now, in high school, we all had the same uniform and we couldn't really experiment with it very much. I can't say the same for the Constance's, the school on Gossip Girl. I'm particularly inspired by Blair Waldorf, with her preppy style, her cute headbands... and her absolutely beautiful capes. So since MY clothes have been lack luster these last couple days, here's some Gossip Girl inspiration.


2 comments:

michelle said...

We don't have uniforms at my school, so it makes for some unconvienant mornings. Nonetheless, I'm sure that getting ready for a day at collage beats high school any day :P

Bluukbob said...

they wear such beautiful clothes..

but i hate the series..hihi

xoxo